Where we share and discuss cool tool discoveries with you!

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Feeling Lively?

Take your chats to a whole new level with Lively, the latest product from Google. According to their blog, Lively allows you to create your own room, personalize an avatar, and chat with up to 20 people at once. You can design your room however you want it to look, and even fill it with furniture or post YouTube videos on the walls! Lively makes your chat three-dimensional, and reminds me a lot of Second Life, except that it is web-based. What do you think of it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS LOOOKS VERY ENTERTAINING BUT CAN IT GIVE ME MORE TIME IN THE DAY TO ENJOY IT? WE ARE GOING TO NEED MORE COMPUTERS!

Joy in Digital Services said...

Lively is probably a tool that we will not use here at the library or in Learn & Play, but you never know. ;) However, it's fun to play around with from home!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this aspect from a Mom's perspective. I can see my teen using it with friends instead of MySpace. Less problems with photos, and they love making "rooms", etc.

Dragana said...

I'm interested in trying this. I have two friends overseas that I would love to "talk" to at the same time.